London de Tour part I

When I was planning my trip to Europe I never expect to visit London at first. Even though it's only a short trip I must said London is a stunning city with many places you could visit. The buildings are gorgeous, really classic with Victorian style. Now, I'm ready to explore the city with underground tube.

Underground Tube Sign
On my first day, I visited Cambridge City, see the detail here. After that we make a brief stop to the famous Harrods, it's an upper market and they only sell expensive things! At night we visited Hyde Park, which is one of the largest park in central London, in winter they open a playground for Londoners to enjoy, called Winter Wonderland.


Harrods

Hyde Park - Winter Wonderland


Next day on 31th December, we visited St.Paul's Cathedral, a Church of England cathedral, several important services was held here including the wedding of Prince Charles and Lady Diana and the Diamond jubilee of Queen Elizabeth II.



St. Paul's Cathedral in Gloomy Rainy Day


To celebrate New Year's Eve, we ate lunch in Savory Grill, one of Gordon Ramsey's restaurant in London. See also other type of British food here. After lunch, we get back to explore the city and visited British Museum. The museum is really really big with many art collections and exhibitions, and free entry to all visitors and open every day from 10.00 – 17.30. If you are into museum, many are free, so it won't cost you a penny to see all that they have to offer.

British Museum

Finally yeahhh, the moment I've been wanting for is when the clock ticking at the stroke of midnight, and magical New Year's Eve Firework start to begin. It was truly the most incredible moment of my life to welcoming year of 2013 with my lovely husband on our honeymoon. I also forgot to mention that 1st January is also my dearest husband belated birthday. We have a lot of things to be celebrate.

Big Ben on New Year's Eve

Comments